1. Passport applications are again being accepted by the Mason County Clerk’s Office BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please call 360-427-9670 ext. 346 to make your appointment.

    Passport applications and renewal forms are available in the Mason County Clerk’s Office, They are also available to download at https://travel.state.gov .

    Renewal passport applications are done on your own if the original passport was issued within the last 15 years. The applications are also available in the Clerk's Office.

    You should appear in person if:
    a. Your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen or damaged.
    b. Your previous U.S. passport has expired & was issued more than 15 years ago.
    c. Your previous passport has expired and it was issued when you were under 15.
    d. Your name has changed since your passport was issued.

  2. Requirements
    1. Proof of U.S. Citizenship (usually a certified copy of the birth certificate or the Naturalization certificate) Birth certificates may be obtained at the Mason County Health Department for those who were born from 1949 to present.
    2. Old passport
    3. Completed passport application
    4. 2 passport photos, which can be issued at the Clerk's office for $15, must meet the federal requirements (listed on the back of the application)
    5. All applicants must appear in person at the clerk’s office to show picture ID and sign the application in the presence of the clerk’s staff.
    6. Special requirements for children under age 16:. Both parents or the child's legal guardian(s) must appear and present all of the following:
      1. Evidence of child's U.S. citizenship
      2. Evidence of child's relationship to parents or guardian(s) AND
      3. Parental identification. If only one parent appears, you must also submit one of the following:
        1. Form DS-3053 – Second parent’s notarized and written statement consenting to passport issuance for the child.
        2. Primary evidence of sole authority to apply, OR
        3. A written statement (made under penalty or perjury) explaining the second parent's unavailability.
  3. Fees
    1. A $130 check or money order is required payable to the US Department of State for ages 16 and over for each application. Separate checks for each application is preferred in case the Department has an issue with one application.
    2. A $100 check or money order is required for Department of State for children 15 and under.
    3. $35 cash, money order or debit/credit card is needed for the County Clerk for processing each application. We do not accept personal checks for this fee.
    4. $15 cash, money order or debit/credit card for photos if needed.
    5. $60 additional per application for expedited service included with the check or money order to the US Department of State.
  4. How long does it take?
    • Regular processing is taking up to 18 weeks
    • Expedited processing is taking up to 12 weeks
    • Renewal applications are taking up to 12 weeks
  5. In a hurry?
    You may make an appointment with the Seattle Passport Office in person if qualified. You must call the appointment line at 1-877-487-2778 or 1-888-874-7793 TDD/TTY from 8:00 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET, Monday through Fridays.

    Additional information found at https://travel.state.gov .