Due to COVID-19, Mason County Community Services is limiting two parties (no more than three people / party) in the Permit Assistance Center office. We have limited waiting space in the lobby and small covered outdoor area. Please wear a mask. General questions can be answered over the phone by calling ext. 352. For Planning, ext. 193.

Change in Tenant, Mechanical, Plumbing, Demolition, Re-roof, Burn Permit, Fireworks Stand, Planning Site Pre-Inspections, Address Request, Pre-Application Conference (required for commercial / industrial / multi-family / some shoreline projects and subdivisions).

Appointments are required for the following permit types: Residence, Garage, Deck, Carport, Manufacture Home, Modular Home, Park Model, Dock, Pier/Ramp & Float and Commercial Permits.

Contact Us

Community Development

Building, Planning
(Permit Assistance Center)
and Fire Marshal

(360) 427-9670 ext 352

Mason County Building 8
615 W Alder St.
Shelton, WA 98584

Public Health

Community Health & Human Services,
Environmental Health
and Vital Records

(360) 427-9670 ext 400

Mason County Building 8
415 N 6th Street
Shelton, WA 98584