Welcome to the office of the Assessor
Appraisers are physically inspecting Area 5 of Mason County. This area includes North Bay road, Coulter Creek to Sherwood, Rasor road, Lake Deveraux, Trails End, Allyn, Lakeland Village, Grapeview Loop, and Mason and Benson Lakes.
- A physical inspection, required by RCW 84.41.041, routinely includes an outside observation of the property in order to verify any changes, which could include the addition of new improvements and reviewing for signs of depreciation outside of the normal age of the property.
- The assessor’s office also relies upon the property owner for information. Taxpayers are encouraged to help by providing up-to-date and accurate property information whenever possible.
- Current physical inspections are a part of the 2022 assessment process, which will be for property taxes payable in 2023.
The County Assessor, or any employee designated by the assessor, does have the right to access your property in order to make an inspection for valuation purposes, pursuant to RCW 84.40.025.
Contact us by phone:
- (360) 427-9670 Ext: 491
- 411 N 5th St, Shelton, WA 98584
- PO BOX J, Shelton, WA 98584
- 07/01/2021 - New - As of July 1st, 2021, the UNCERTIFIED 2022 assessed values are available online at our website and are subject to change. You will receive a corrected Notice of Value if your value is corrected due to new construction, destroyed property, manifest error, segregation or sales review. These are based upon property values as of January 1, 2021 and will be used when calculating property tax obligations payable in 2022.
Mason County Assessor
This website is designed for residents and visitors seeking information about real estate as it relates to the property tax system in Mason County. Our primary responsibility to the taxpayers of Mason County is to establish fair and equitable value for all real and personal property.
The Assessor's Role
The Assessor is responsible for maintaining a list of all real and personal property parcels, including assessment of value and current ownership. As required by law, the Assessor prepares, possesses and updates a complete set of maps drawn from legal descriptions, to indicate all parcel configurations for land in the County. The Assessor sets current market values and calculates levies based on the taxing district’s budgets. This office also administers senior/disability property tax exemptions, and forest or agriculture programs. This office works to treat everyone fairly and promptly.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact us:
Shelton (360) 427-9670 │ Belfair (360) 275-4467 │ Elma (360) 482-5269
411 N 5th Street │PO Box “J”
County Building 1, 2nd floor