I want to sell my real or personal property. Are there special requirements?

For all such transfers of property, a Real Estate Excise Tax or a Mobile Home Excise Tax Affidavit is required to be completed, filed with the County Treasurer; and recorded with the Recording and/or Licensing Division of the County Auditor’s Office.

Payment of real estate excise tax must be made at the time the REET is filed with the County Treasurer --1.78% of the sale price.

If there are advance taxes due in the case of personal property and mobile homes, it must be paid at this time also.