Procedure For Out Of State Subpoenas
UNIFORM INTERSTATE DEPOSITIONS AND DISCOVERY ACT RCW 5.51
Process for Out of State Subpoenas
The Act sets forth an efficient and inexpensive procedure for litigants to depose out of state individuals and for the production of discoverable materials that may be located out of state. Under the Uniform Interstate Depositions and Discovery Act, litigants can present a clerk of the court located in the state where discoverable materials are sought with a subpoena issued by a court in the trial state. Once the clerk receives the foreign subpoena, the clerk will issue a subpoena for service upon the person or entity on which the original subpoena is directed.
- Case Information Cover Sheet (CICS)
- Petition to Issue Subpoena with copy of subpoena(s) issued by out of state court/clerk (not attorney)
- Proposed Deposition Subpoena directed to the individual with a signature block to be signed by the Clerk (original + two copies). (Must have sufficient space for our office to sign and seal. The signature block cannot be on a page by itself.
- Filing fee $240.00
- Issuance fee $20.00 (for each subpoena)
- Pre-addressed, stamped envelope to return issued subpoenas and conformed copies if extra copies provided.
Please note that any attachments must be specifically listed on copy of out of state subpoena as well as on the subpoena’s to be issued. (e.g. cannot reference “See Attachment A”).