Mason County Water Lab - Closed
Due to budgetary restructuring the Mason County Public Health Laboratory closed as of January 31, 2009. In order to continue serving our customers, several options have been identified:
- The Thurston County Laboratory has offered to collect Bacteriological and Nitrate samples two days per week at Mason County Public Health (415 N 6th ST, Bldg 8). Samples will be accepted on Monday and Tuesday.
- You may also deliver your samples directly to the Thurston County Laboratory located on the second floor of Thurston County Court House Building I, located at 2000 Lakeridge Drive SW in Olympia. Click here for their schedule
- To contact the Thurston County Laboratory with questions about water testing, customers should contact Erik Iverson at (360) 867-2631.
- In the Belfair area you can drop off samples at the Belfair Water District Office at 22451 Highway 3, Belfair on Monday before 4:30 PM or Tuesday before 9:00 AM. Pickup is every Tuesday morning at 9:00 AM sharp. A private water laboratory offers this service; check for cost and any special requirements at the Belfair Water District Office pick up site.
- In the Shelton area a drop off service is available at Arcadia Drilling & Utilities at 21 W Westfield Ct, Shelton. Pick up days are Tuesday and Thursday. This service is also offered by a private water laboratory; check for cost and any special requirements at the Arcadia Drilling & Utilities office.