Oversize or Overweight Permits
- Click Here to download our moving permit for oversized / overweight vehicles
- Click here to download our Over Dimensional/Non-Divisible Form
- Moving that new home to your land over Mason County roads?
- Anyone hauling a load or driving a vehicle in excess of the legal weight or size limitations is required to have a permit before moving on Mason County roads (and a State permit for state roads).
In general, the Maximum Legal Dimensions:
|Width:||8 feet, 6 inches|
|Length:||Single Truck 40 feet|
|Truck and Trailer 75 feet|
|Trailer 53 feet.|
|Weight:||Single axle: 20,000 lbs|
|Tandem axle: 34,000 lbs|
|Tire size: 500 lbs maximum per inch width|
- Resolution adopting the Commerical Vehicle Guide
- Washington State Commerical Vehicle Guide
- See RCW 46.44.041 for the Washington State Vehicle Table
- There are also exceptions and additional requirements for oversize loads depending on the load, size of the load, total truck/trailer length and the route. See RCW 46.44 and WAC 468-38 for detailed information. For Mason County Permits, Call Public Works, Phone (360) 427-9670 Ext 450.