Effective May 10, 2022, regular Commission business meetings (typically held on Tuesdays) will be held in-person and via Zoom. Briefing meetings (typically held Mondays) will continue to be held via Zoom only

Our Commission meetings are live streamed at Mason Web TV and we will accept public comment via email – msmith@masoncountywa.gov; or mail to Commissioners Office, 411 North 5th Street, Shelton, WA 98584; or call 360-427-9670 ext. 419. If you need to listen to the Commission meeting via your telephone, please provide your telephone number to the Commissioners’ office no later than 4 p.m. the Friday before the meeting.

  • 12/02/2022 - News Releases - Active Tuberculosis and Contact Tracing Mason County Public Health & Human Services has identified five active cases of tuberculosis (TB) in our region. All of the affected people are in treatment and in isolation; they are not at risk of spreading illness. Staff from Mason County Public Health and the Washington Department of Health (DOH) are investigating the outbreak and tracing any possible contacts. People who may have been exposed to TB will be notified. Only about 5-15% of people infected with TB will develop symptoms.
  • 12/02/2022 - News Release - MASON COUNTY TO UPDATE THE MASON COUNTY MULTI-JURISDICTION HAZARD MITIGATION PLAN- Mason County, its jurisdictions, and special purpose districts are embarking on a planning process to prepare for impacts of natural disasters. Responding to federal mandates in the Disaster Mitigation Act of 2000 (Public Law 106-390), Mason County Division of Emergency Management will update its 2018 Hazard Mitigation Plan to enhance resilience throughout the County. Multi-Hazard Mitigation Plan Frequently Asked Questions
  • 11/10/2022 - Community Development will be closed for staff training on Wednesday, November 16, 2022.
  • 10/26/2022 - News Releases - Lifting Mason County Burning Restrictions With the recent rains lowering the National Fire Danger Rating System to "Low", Mason County will be following the Department of Natural Resources' lifting of all burn restrictions effective Thursday, October 27 at 8:00 a.m. allowing for residential burning and permitted land clearing burns. Please note that if you live within the Urban Growth Areas (UGAs) of Allyn, Belfair, and Shelton, only recreational burning is allowed. If you have any questions, please contact the Fire Marshal at (360) 427-9670 ext. 352.
  • 10/26/2022 - News Releases - Housing and Behavioral Health Advisory Board Openings The Board of County Commissioners are accepting applications to fill two community positions for the Mason County Housing and Behavioral Health Advisory Board. The applicant must not have any direct affiliations with agencies that receive funding. The Board is looking for community members with an interest in public health, mental health, substance use disorders, homelessness, and/or affordable housing. The advisory board typically meets at least once per month on the fourth Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
  • 10/25/2022 - News Releases - Operation Green Light In advance of the upcoming Veterans Day holiday, Mason County will be illuminating County buildings green from November 7th through the 13th as part of Operation Green Light to support military veterans and raise awareness about the unique challenges faced by many veterans and the resources that are available at the County, State, and Federal level to assist veterans and their families. By shining a green light, we let our veterans know that they are seen, appreciated, and supported. #OperationGreenLight
  • 10/25/2022 - News Releases - Park Host Needed for Sandhill Park The Mason County Parks and Trails department is recruiting an on-site Park Host/Caretaker for Sandhill Park. A successful candidate must provide their own RV. The County will provide water, power, and septic at no charge. Caretakers are responsible for opening and closing the park, site security, customer service, cleaning restrooms, and light maintenance duties in return for utilities. There is no salary or pay associated with this opportunity. Sandhill Park is located at 1000 Sandhill Road in Belfair and has seven baseball fields and restrooms. Caretakers need to be present in the evenings Monday-Friday and all day on weekends year-round.
  • 10/13/2022 - News Releases - Oakland Bay Park is closed for the winter season. Unfortunately we had to close the park earlier than normal due to vandalism in the park. The caretaker position is currently vacant and we are seeking applicants, please see news release for details
  • 10/12/2022 - New - 2022 Second Half taxes are due on Monday, October 31st, 2022 - click here to pay online
  • 10/10/2022- Request for Proposals - Hazard Mitigation Plan Mason County is requesting proposals from qualified firms or individuals for the revision of a multi-jurisdictional, multi-hazard mitigation plan. The cost of the project will not exceed $80,750.

    Proposals must be received by 4:00 p.m. on October 21, 2022 to be considered.
  • 10/07/2022- News Release - Appraisers are physically inspecting Area 6 of Mason County. This area includes Harstine Island, Pickering and Grapeview Loops, Emerald, Spencer and Phillips Lakes, Timberlake’s, Agate and Shorecrest, and a portion of Highway 3 to the Deer Creek area. A physical inspection, required by RCW 84.41.041 , routinely includes an outside observation of the property in order to verify any changes, which could include the addition of new improvements and reviewing for signs of depreciation outside of the normal age of the property.
  • 10/05/2022- News Release - Request for Proposals for Completion of Data for the Squaxin Island Tribe and Mason County Memorandum of Agreement. - This RFP seeks to collect data addressed within the MOA between Mason County and the Squaxin Island Tribe. Bidder should have experience in Water Resource Inventory Areas (WRIA), well versed in GIS, data analysis, and presentation. Examples of work are requested. For more information please contact Dave Windom at dwindom@masoncountywa.gov or (360) 427-9670 ext. 260.
  •  09/16/2022 - News Release - Due to improving atmospheric conditions of lower temperatures and higher humidity levels, the National Fire Danger Rating System was lowered from Very High to High. As a result, the Department of Natural Resources has rescinded its ban on recreational fires which will now be allowed if they are in a fire pit or barbecue. For questions, please contact the Fire Marshal's Office at (360) 427-9670 ext. 309.
  • 08/16/2022- News Release - Mason County Parks and Trails Advisory Board Openings - The Board of Mason County Commissioners is seeking applications from community members who are interested in serving on the Mason County Parks and Trails Advisory Board.
  • 08/05/2022- As of August 8th, 2022, the UNCERTIFIED 2023 assessed values are available online at our website and are subject to change. You will receive a corrected Notice of Value if your value is corrected due to new construction, destroyed property, manifest error, segregation or sales review. These are based upon property values as of January 1, 2022 and will be used when calculating property tax obligations payable in 2023. The Assessor is required by state law to appraise property at 100% of market value. Please call or come in with questions or concerns.
  • 08/05/2022- News Release - RFQ for Eviction Rental Prevention - Mason County local government is seeking subgrantees to provide direct services for rental assistance through the new permanent eviction program.
  • 08/02/2022 - News Release - Award for Bridge Projects - The Board of County Commissioners are pleased to announce that Mason County Public Works Department has been awarded $2.027 million by Federal Local Bridge Program.
  • 07/25/2022 - News Release - Mason County Historic Preservation Commission - The Mason County Commissioners are seeking applicants to fill four open positions on the Mason County Historic Preservation Commission.
  • 07/19/2022 - News Release - Transportation Improvement Program Citizens Advisory Panel (TIP -CAP) - Mason County is seeking citizen volunteers to serve on the Transportation Improvement Program Citizens Advisory Panel (TIP-CAP)
  • 07/07/2022 - News Release - Mason County Burning Restrictions County-wide outdoor burn restrictions - Effective 12:01 am - Friday July 8, 2022 - Until further notice
  • 6/07/2022 - News Release - Mason County Board of Health Mason County is seeking applicants to fill two open positions on the Mason County Board of Health. The two open positions are in the category of "Consumers of Public Health" - persons consisting of County or health district residents who have identified as having faced significant health inequities or as having lived experiences with Public Health-related programs.