Commissioners Agendas and Minutes
Pursuant to Proclamation by the Governor 20-28.15, in-person attendance to Commission meetings is temporarily restricted.
Our Commission meetings are live streamed at http://masonwebtv.com/ and we will accept public comment via email – email@example.com; or mail to Commissioners Office, 411 North 5th Street, Shelton, WA 98584; or call 360-427-9670 ext. 419. If you need to listen to the Commission meeting via your telephone, please provide your telephone number to the Commissioners’ office no later than 4 p.m. the Friday before the meeting.
- October - December Commission Meeting Schedule
- Board of Mason County Commissioners Zoom Meeting Instructions
- Board of County Commissioners Public Comments/Testimony Via Zoom
- Week of October 18th, 2021 - Briefing Meeting Agenda
- Week of October 18th, 2021 - Briefing Meeting Packet
- October 12th, 2021 - Regular Meeting Agenda
- October 12th, 2021 - Regular Meeting Packet
Join the Board of County Commissioners Briefing Zoom Meeting
Please check the agendas for meeting days and times.
Join the Board of County Commissioners Regular Zoom Meeting
Please check the agendas for meeting days and times.
- 09/29/2021 - News Release - Mason County Burning Restrictions Lifted - EFFECTIVE 8:00 AM – Friday October 1st, 2021 - UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
The Mason County Community Development Director, as acting Fire Marshal, and in partnership with the Mason County Fire Chiefs’ Association, has determined that current weather conditions within Mason County have moderated and have reduced fire dangers. Mason County is lifting the burn restrictions placed on land clearing burns and residential burning effective Friday October 1st 0800.
- 09/16/2021 - RFP - Housing Needs Assessment - Mason County local government is seeking consultive services to perform a Housing Needs Assessment that evaluates housing options and recommends housing needs that will inform the Housing Chapter of the Comprehensive plan and identify the highest needs for affordable housing in Mason County.
- 09/01/2021 - New -Appraisers are physically inspecting Area 5 of Mason County. This area includes North Bay road, Coulter Creek to Sherwood, Rasor road, Lake Deveraux, Trails End, Allyn, Lakeland Village, Grapeview Loop, and Mason and Benson Lakes.
- A physical inspection, required by RCW 84.41.041, routinely includes an outside observation of the property in order to verify any changes, which could include the addition of new improvements and reviewing for signs of depreciation outside of the normal age of the property.
- The assessor’s office also relies upon the property owner for information. Taxpayers are encouraged to help by providing up-to-date and accurate property information whenever possible.
- Current physical inspections are a part of the 2022 assessment process, which will be for property taxes payable in 2023.
The County Assessor, or any employee designated by the assessor, does have the right to access your property in order to make an inspection for valuation purposes, pursuant to RCW 84.40.025.
- 09/01/2021 - New - Corrected notice of values to be mailed 9/1/2021 – In accordance with RCW 84.40.045 and WAC 458-12-360, corrected notice of values due to a change in the true and fair value are being mailed September 1, 2021. This could be due to new construction, sales review, segregation, boundary line adjustment, parcel combination, or manifest error. Please call the office at 360-427-9670 x491 if you have questions or concerns in regards to this new notice.
- 08/30/2021 - News Release - Development Services for a Mason County Visitor Welcome Center - Mason County, Washington is requesting proposals from qualified firms or individuals for development services of a proposed regional-serving Welcome Center in Mason County.
- 06/23/2021 - News Release - Mason County Board of Equalization Membership - The Board of Mason County Commissioners is seeking applicants to fill an alternate position on the Mason County Board of Equalization. The three-year term ends on May 31, 2023. Applicants must reside in Mason County.
- 06/23/2021 - News Release - Park Host needed for Mason County Walker Park - Mason County Parks Department is recruiting an on-site Park Host/ Caretaker for Walker Park. The County provides a free 2-bedroom / 2 bath modular home, water service, power service, and septic at no charge. Caretakers are responsible for opening and closing the park, site security, customer service, cleaning restrooms, and light maintenance duties in return for residence and utilities. There is no salary or pay associated with this opportunity.
- 06/23/2021 - News Release - Park Host needed for Mason County Oakland Bay Park - Mason County Parks Department is recruiting an on-site Park Host/Caretaker for Oakland Bay Park. The successful candidate must provide their own RV and the County provides water, power, and septic at no charge. Caretakers are responsible for opening and closing the park, site security, customer service, cleaning restrooms, and light maintenance duties in return for utilities. There is no salary or pay associated with this opportunity.
- 08/05/2021 - RFP - State Lobbying Services - Mason County is soliciting proposals for State Lobbying Services from qualified consultants / firms / individuals beginning October 1, 2021. The County anticipates awarding one contract with options for annual renewal for up to three years based on performance.
- 08/02/2021 - RFP - Director of Tourism Development - Mason County, Washington is requesting proposals from qualified firms or individuals for tourism development, marketing services and maintenance of the established tourism marketing campaign in Mason County and to provide support for local festivals and events. This is for services commencing January 1, 2022.
- 08/02/2021 - RFP - Visitor Information Centers - Mason County, Washington is requesting proposals from qualified firms (Defined in RCW 67.28.1816 “…tourism-related facilities owned or operated by nonprofit organizations described under 26 U.S.C. Sec. 501(c)(3) and 26 U.S.C. Sec. 501(c)(6) of the internal revenue code of 1986, as amended”) for providing visitor information services to travelers planning to or in the process of visiting Mason County for recreational purposes. Services shall be provided at locations within the County that provide convenient ingress and egress, high visibility, on major tourist transportation corridors and offer a clean, welcoming environment.
- 06/23/2021 - News Release - Temporary Road Closure on Trails Road and Shelton Matlock Road - Mason County Public Works is advising motorists of a scheduled temporary road closure on portions of Trails Road and Shelton Matlock Road
- 07/20/2021 - News Release - Veterans Advisory Board Vacancy - Mason County is seeking applicants who are veterans and a resident of Mason County to fill one vacancy on the Mason County Veterans Advisory Board for a member-at-large position. The position is for a 2-year term.
- 07/20/2021 - News Release - VSP Watershed Work GroupMason County is seeking applications for the Voluntary Stewardship Program (VSP) Watershed Work Group. Established under the Growth Management Act, VSP is a non-regulatory, voluntary approach to protecting critical areas where agricultural activities are occurring. This program is implemented through a Work Plan approved by the Washington State Conservation Commission.
- 07/01/2021 - News Release- TEMPORARY COUNTY-WIDE OUTDOOR BURN RESTRICTIONS EFFECTIVE 00:01 AM , July 3 – UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- 07/01/2021 - New - As of July 1st, 2021, the UNCERTIFIED 2022 assessed values are available online at our website and are subject to change. You will receive a corrected Notice of Value if your value is corrected due to new construction, destroyed property, manifest error, segregation or sales review. These are based upon property values as of January 1, 2021 and will be used when calculating property tax obligations payable in 2022.
The Assessor is required by state law to appraise property at 100% of market value. Please call or come in with questions or concerns.
- 06/23/2021 - News Release - Mason County Solid Waste Advisory Committee Membership Openings Mason County is seeking individuals to serve on the Mason County Solid Waste Advisory Committee (SWAC).
- 06/15/2021 - News Release - Annual Notice of Value - The annual Assessor's Notice of Value will be mailed to Mason County taxpayers on June 15, 2021. In accordance with RCW 84.40.045 &WAC 458-12-360, the Assessor is required to notify taxpayers of any change in the true and fair value of their property.
- 06/10/2021 - 2021 Tax Title Sale - 2021 Notice of Sale - 2021 Terms of Sale
- Campus Map
- Codes and Regulations
- Community Links
- Contacts / Directory
- Emergency Alerts
- Email Us
- Forms / Brochures