Commissioners Agendas and Minutes
Our Commission meetings are live streamed at Mason Web TV and we will accept public comment via email – firstname.lastname@example.org; or mail to Commissioners Office, 411 North 5th Street, Shelton, WA 98584; or call 360-427-9670 ext. 419. If you need to listen to the Commission meeting via your telephone, please provide your telephone number to the Commissioners’ office no later than 4 p.m. the Friday before the meeting.
- Commission Meeting Schedule
- Board of Mason County Commissioners Zoom Meeting Instructions
- Board of County Commissioners Public Comments/Testimony Via Zoom
- Week of January 30th, 2023 - Briefing Meeting Agenda
- Week of January 30th, 2023 - Briefing Meeting Packet
- January 31st, 2023 - Regular Meeting Agenda
- January 31st, 2023 - Regular Meeting Packet
- January 31st, 2023 - Elected Official/Department Head Packet - Zoom Link
Join the Board of County Commissioners Briefing Zoom Meeting
Please check the agendas for meeting days and times.
Join the Board of County Commissioners Regular Zoom Meeting
Please check the agendas for meeting days and times.
- 1/30/2023 - News Release - 2023 Tax Roll Completion - Pursuant to RCW 84.56.020, I, Elisabeth (Lisa) Frazier, Mason County Treasurer, hereby certify
that the 2023 tax roll has been completed and is ready for collection beginning Saturday,
January 28 th, 2023.
Please note that 2023 tax statements are tentatively scheduled to be mailed on or about the week of February 20th, 2022.
- 01/23/2023 - New RFP - Fiber Optic Upgrade - Sealed bids will be received by Mason County until 4:00 pm on Thursday, March 2, 2023 at the office of the Mason County Commissioners,411 North 5th Street, Shelton, WA 98584 for the Mason County Downtown Campus Fiber Optic Upgrade in Shelton, WA.
Bids must be in a sealed, properly addressed envelope with the name of the Bidder and “Fiber Optic Upgrade Bid” plainly written on the outside of the envelope, delivered prior to the scheduled time and date stated in the Invitation to Bid. County offices are not open for special mail or other delivery on weekends and County holidays.
Bids shall be addressed to Mason County Central Services/Information Technology, 411 North 5th Street, Shelton, WA 98584. Proposals will be publicly opened in the Commission Chambers and read aloud following bid closing.
- 01/03/2023 - New -Interested in helping shape the Mason County Hazard Mitigation Plan Update? Take our short survey.
- 01/03/2023 - New - Submit Storm Damage here -Mason County Emergency Management is collecting information from residents and businesses on damages, including losses, suffered during the recent winter storm. This information will be used to support our request for aid from Washington State and the Federal Government. At this point there is no guarantee that we will receive aid.
- 12/28/2022 - New - Notice of Special Meeting- Mason Noxious Weed Control Board NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Mason County Noxious Weed Control Board will hold a Special Meeting on Friday, January 6, 2023, commencing at 9:00 a.m., in the Commissioner’s Chambers located within Mason County Building 1 at 411 N. 5th Street, Shelton, Washington. Business to be transacted includes a 2023 Work Plan discussion.
- 12/22/2022 - News Releases - 2023 Utility System Rate Increase for North Bay/Case Inlet, Rustlewood, Beards Cove, and Belfair Per Mason County Resolution no. 2022-092, all water and sewer rates and fees at Mason County-owned and operated North Bay/Case Inlet, Rustlewood, Beards Cove, and Belfair utility systems will increase by 5% for the 2023 calendar year. This increase applies to monthly service rates to cover the annual cost increase for operation and maintenance of the above referenced water and sewer utility systems.
- 12/22/2022 - News Releases - Hours & Days of Operation Change at Each County Solid Waste Facility Mason County will be changing the hours and days of operation at the Eells Hill Transfer Station and the Belfair, Hoodsport, and Union Drop Box Stations. New hours will take effect on January 1, 2023. Eells Hill Transfer Station will be open 7 days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Belfair Drop Box Station will be open Tuesday through Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Hoodsport Drop Box Station will be open Friday through Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Union Drop Box Station will be open Saturday through Monday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- 12/22/2022 - News Releases - Free Christmas Tree Recycling Mason County will have its free Christmas tree recycling program available beginning December 26 and ending January 7. Through the end of the year, Eells Hill Transfer Station will be open Monday through Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. and the Belfair Drop Box Station is open Tuesday through Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. On January 1, 2023 Eells Hill Transfer Station will be open 7 days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Belfair Drop Box Station will be open Tuesday through Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Mason County Garbage customers can cut up their trees and stick them in their garbage bin as part of their regular pick up. Please note, all trees must be free of tinsel, decoration, and flocking. Wreaths and garlands will not be accepted.
- 12/22/2022 - News Releases - Mason County Noxious Weed Control Board Openings The Mason County Noxious Weed Control Board is seeking applicants to fill four positions. This Board consists of five voting members who serve four-year terms. At least three voting members must be engaged in primary production of agricultural products such as livestock, crops, shellfish, timber, or Christmas trees. The vacancies are in District, 1, 3, 4, and 5.
- 12/22/2022 - News Releases - Lewis-Mason-Thurston Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council Openings Mason County is seeking applicants to serve on the Lewis-Mason-Thurston Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council. This Council is a local governmental agency that provides home and community services for seniors and adults with disabilities to help them remain living in their own homes. Members serve a two-year term and meet the first Wednesday of the month.
- 12/15/2022 - New - Belfair Bypass/Freight Corridor Update - The Department of Transportation (DOT) has been working on the freight corridor project for years that will be a great benefit to Belfair - a new freight corridor through the area intended to ease traffic on the main route through the area. DOT expects construction to begin in 2026, with the road opening in 2028.
- 12/09/2022 - News Releases - Active Tuberculosis and Contact Tracing Mason County Public Health & Human Services has identified an individual with active case of tuberculosis (TB) at Choice High School in Shelton. The person is in treatment and in isolation; they are not at risk of spreading illness. People who may have been exposed to TB have been identified and notified directly, and free TB screening is being conducted for all people identified as close contacts. More information about TB is available at the DOH and the Centers for Disease Control websites. If you have questions, please call the TB Information Line at (360) 427-9670 Ext 599.
- 12/02/2022 - News Releases - Active Tuberculosis and Contact Tracing Mason County Public Health & Human Services has identified five active cases of tuberculosis (TB) in our region. All of the affected people are in treatment and in isolation; they are not at risk of spreading illness. Staff from Mason County Public Health and the Washington Department of Health (DOH) are investigating the outbreak and tracing any possible contacts. People who may have been exposed to TB will be notified. Only about 5-15% of people infected with TB will develop symptoms.
- 12/02/2022 - News Release - MASON COUNTY TO UPDATE THE MASON COUNTY MULTI-JURISDICTION HAZARD MITIGATION PLAN- Mason County, its jurisdictions, and special purpose districts are embarking on a planning process to prepare for impacts of natural disasters. Responding to federal mandates in the Disaster Mitigation Act of 2000 (Public Law 106-390), Mason County Division of Emergency Management will update its 2018 Hazard Mitigation Plan to enhance resilience throughout the County. Multi-Hazard Mitigation Plan Frequently Asked Questions
- 10/25/2022 - News Releases - Park Host Needed for Sandhill Park The Mason County Parks and Trails department is recruiting an on-site Park Host/Caretaker for Sandhill Park. A successful candidate must provide their own RV. The County will provide water, power, and septic at no charge. Caretakers are responsible for opening and closing the park, site security, customer service, cleaning restrooms, and light maintenance duties in return for utilities. There is no salary or pay associated with this opportunity. Sandhill Park is located at 1000 Sandhill Road in Belfair and has seven baseball fields and restrooms. Caretakers need to be present in the evenings Monday-Friday and all day on weekends year-round.
- Campus Map
- Codes and Regulations
- Community Links
- Contacts / Directory
- Emergency Alerts
- Email Us
- Forms / Brochures