How do I Communicate with an Inmate?
We are unable to give messages to inmates unless it is a life or death emergency.

Communicating with Inmates:
You may send messages to inmates by mail. To send mail to an inmate, address the mail as follows:

Inmate Name
c/o Mason County Jail
P.O. Box 519
Shelton, WA 98584

Or Deposit Funds Online Using Access Corrections Website

Telephone Calls:

Inmates have access to telephones to make collect calls. They may not receive incoming calls or messages unless it is a life/death emergency. Claims of an emergency must be verified by jail staff prior to issuing the message to the inmate.

What Items are Inmates Allowed to have?
ALL items sent to the Mason County Jail WILL be screened by Jail personnel.

Monies for Commissary:

A commissary system is provided Inmates at the Mason County Jail. Inmates are allowed to have funds placed in their commissary account. Cash funds must brought the jail in person to be placed in the inmate’s account. Funds may be sent via the US Mail, provided, the funds are in the form of a Money Order, Guaranteed Funds Check or Cashiers Check. Cash funds will NOT be accepted via the US Mail. DO NOT send cash to an inmate via the US Mail.


Inmates are allowed to have access to printed material. The printed material must be must be paper back, purchased at a retail store and must be mailed to the jail by the retail store where the printed material was purchased. No hard bound material is allowed.

Medication Prescribed by a Physician:

Prescription medication can be dispensed to Inmates, provided: The medication must be prescribed by a physician and must be sent to the jail by the pharmacy where the prescription was filled in bubble pack form only. NO other container will be allowed.