In any case in which an information has been filed or a diversion referral has been made, the person who is the subject of the information or complaint may file a motion with the court to have the court seal or destroy juvenile records. Pursuant to RCW 13.50.050, the court may order the sealing or destruction of the official court file, the social file, and other records of the court and of any other agency in the case.

The person making the motion shall give reasonable notice to the Prosecuting Attorney's Office and any other person or agency whose files are sought to be sealed.

It is recommended that one consult with an attorney prior to requesting the sealing or destruction of juvenile records.